In an increasingly globalised world, the principles of sustainable development have become the central
values of a vulnerable and highly endangered environment and humanity. The Agenda 2030 has
declared sustainable development to be the joint objective of the 17 SDGs. The Agenda links this
fundamental principle to the universal human rights and the learning objective of global citizenship.
Nepal Engineering College is the partner institution of Erasmus+ Capacity Building in the field of Higher
Education project “Bhutan Nepal Higher Education for accomplishing the Sustainable Development
Goals (B+NESDG)” along with the ten different universities located in Spain, Latvia, Bhutan and Nepal.
The project aims to contribute to increasing the quality of tertiary education through a capacity-building
holistic approach and is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, KA2 (2019)
Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education and will last until November 2023. The priority of the
project is to convert these centers into international references and provide a positive influence on
Institutions of Higher Education in both countries. An additional objective is for the beneficial effects
resulting from this project to contribute to improving the quality of life in Nepal and Bhutan.
B+NESDG at nec
Nepal Engineering College (nec) strives for providing quality and relevant tertiary education to be more competitive regionally. In the recent past nec was also actively involved in the modernization and internationalization by promoting exchange of academic staff and students, participation in international projects. Nec is affiliated under Pokhara University (PU), nec will play a active role in meeting the wider objectives of PU all along.
1. Capacity building to create a whole-institution approach aimed at mainstreaming sustainability into all aspects of the educational institution.
2. Integrating Education for sustainable development ESD within the participants HEls through and inclusive and equitable quality educational approach.
3. Capacity building for the university community (technical/administrative and managerial staff, educators and students).
4. Inclusiveness and mitigating gender disparities in tertiary education.
5. Establishing a long-lasting international cooperation and national/regional partnership to accomplish in two low-income countries (Nepal and Bhutan) the SDGs through ESD in HEIs.
UPCT-Universidad Politecnica de Cartagen
EHU- Universidad del pais Vasco
HOU-Hellenic Open University
RUB-Royal University Bhutan
nec-Nepal Engineering College
SEC-Sagarmatha Engineering College
FWU-Far Western University
Team at nec
Workshop and trainings
"Whole-University" SDG Integration
Identifying Key-enablers and Mapping
Water supply and sanitation policy in developing countries